[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Piggie lullaby

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sat Feb 17 05:04:14 EST 2007

Maybe this should be under "Silly" or "Miscellaneous", but as it refers to
the Rainbow Bridge, that's the topic I'm posting under.

You may remember my Pirouette left for the Rainbow Bridge quite  unexpectedly
overnight shortly before Christmas, and Cannelletto also left us  during the
night. As you know, I do always sing to my piggies when I feed them,  and I
have posted the lovesong I sing them before. I also always tell them I  love
them before I leave their room last thing at night. But it kind of worried  me
that I wasn't preparing them for a possible sudden departure to the Rainbow
Bridge - you may remember, there is a song I sing them when they are so ill I
think they are about to go, to comfort them, but this is for seemingly healthy
piggies.

Anyway, I now have this little ditty I sing them every night, to the tune  of
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow". It comforts me to think that, if I do find
anyone has left during the night, I will know they were not afraid. Okay, so
call me nuts!

Somewhere, next to the Rainbow, lush grass grows;
That's where, when time on Earth is up, every piggie goes.

Dandelions in abundance, carrots too,
Friends and family we have lost all wait there for you.

The time will come when, here on Earth,
Your role determined at your birth
Has ended;
Then to the Rainbow Bridge you'll go,
To wait for us left here below
As God intended

Somewhere, next to the Rainbow, lush grass grows;
That's where, when time on Earth is up, every piggie goes.

Debbie (nutty slave to the 13 dearly loved Dolly  Mixtures)