[Gpdd] (Health) Geronimo's Seizures

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 12:36:47 EST 2007

Well...we got some info from the vet last night and I'm afraid the news isn't good. She showed us the X-rays and it appears that the bones in and around Geronimo's left ear and jaw are deteriorating, and the resulting bulge of the tissue of the middle ear seems to be putting pressure on the nerves which is causing the seizures. There's really nothing we can do to help and it is only going to get worse. My husband and I had a long talk, and we have decided to help Gerry across the Bridge instead of waiting until he gets any worse. It just makes things harder because on the outside he appears completely healthy; he was SO glad to be home when we got him out of the carrier last night, he was running around making little happy noises. We want to spend a few days with him and then we'll probably have him euthanized on Saturday.

  This is going to be really hard on his cagemate, Oscar because Oscar has always been in with another pig and he and Geronimo get along so well. Unfortunately, Oscar and Scooter do not get along so I don't think we can put them together.

  Gosh--I just keep thinking what else can happen, but if I say it out loud something will. The loss of my two boys piled on top of my husband getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan (in 12 days), the "check engine" light that's come on in my car, the looming demise of our heatpump, and all this school stuff makes me feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown. And the worst part--I can't miss any school or else I'll fall so far behind that I can't catch up...

  I'm sorry--I just needed to vent a bit. Please keep the Squee Squad in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time and hope that their Slave doesn't fail any more parasitology tests and/or have a severe emotional episode...

  -Stacy and the Squee Squad