[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc: Get Well Wishes

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 13:49:39 EST 2007

Gwen – Sorry to hear that you and your piggies have been sick,
  but glad to hear that Chip is better.  There are apparently some
  ‘bugs’ that can be passed between slaves and masters, but most
  illnesses are ‘species specific’.
  That’s how I understand it. But it still makes good sense to at least
  wash  our hands both before and after handling the piggies and
  their food, etc., as well as to take great care not to cough, sneeze,
  etc, around them. No kissing on the mouth (no matter WHAT the
  piggie says!). ;-)
  Can you flavor the meds a bit with something? Of course, you don’t
  want to add much to it, or you’ll simply have more to get into them.
  I’ve been lucky that the OP’s don’t fight much getting their Baytril,
  most willingly accept it in small bits. We always follow up with some
  plain water, then a treat of some carrot or such. Someone else had
  suggested dipping the end of the syringe in yogurt to get them to
  take it, but it’s best not to give the yogurt at the same time as the
  antibiotics (if that’s what you’re giving).
  But maybe you could use the idea with something else they like
  We will keep you and all your piggies in our prayers for a quick and
  complete recovery!
  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  (Dude & Lollie Pigg also send their sympathies, as they are both
  currently getting meds for URI’s)