[Gpdd] (HEALTH) Pink Urine

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 10:49:20 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,
I am writing because one of my piggies has me a little concerned. Last night
I noticed she had bright pink urine. I was wondering if any of you could
tell me anything about this. She had some cranberry juice a few hours before
I saw the pink. I am hoping this is what caused it, but I am not sure. She
is not squeaking when she pees or poops and is acting perfectly normal. I
put a white towel down under her favorite house last night and there was no
pink on it this morning. Of course my vet is closed until Tuesday, and we
are due for a huge snow storm. I am in Maine. We have local emergency vet,
but don't always have a vet with guinea pig experience on hand. Luckly I
have today and tomorrow off so I can watch her like a hawk until I can get
her to my vet. I am going to change her bedding so I can see if she is still
peeing or not. What should I look for to know she needs to go to the
emergency vet? Any tips and advise would be great. I am going to be a
nervous wreck until Tuesday.

Thanks,

Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent of Quentin and Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the Bridge