[Gpdd] MISC Guinea pig stories and volunteering

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Jan 25 17:27:33 EST 2007

Susi,

Peter wrote several books about his life with guinea pigs, not just care books. "What's my Guinea Pig?" has stories of pigs he met as well as being a book about GP identification. "All of their kind" and "More of their kind" have more stories including those of the times when he used to take his piggies to visit sick children in hospital.

I don't know whether they would be available in the US.

I, too, am enjoying the tales of how we all got involved with piggies. I'm sure more slaves have a tale to tell. Thanks for starting this off Eve.

Perhaps you might like to read some of the stories out at GPs 101. Good luck with your venture.

Leah, you are so lucky to have the opportunity to help out at your local shelter. The one near me doesn't want volunteers other than to donate cash or stuff for their shop. The woman who started it always maintained that you only got good work from those people that were paid to do it ( rubbish! )and even though she is no longer with us, the guy in charge still runs it according to her wishes. Other than give a home to an otherwise unrehomeable piggy or take in some fancy mice, all I can do is give them plants and trees for their gardens and wildlife sanctuary.

I'd love to spend a day off cleaning out the Cavy house or walking some dogs.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.