[Gpdd] miscellanous A PetCo alert

Muddy Rats muddy.rats at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 21:17:53 EST 2007

Hi Mary,

I don't know how it works in FL, but here in CO there's a Division of
Wildlife.  They are responsible for licensing breeders as required by
law, supplying leg bands if need be and keeping on file the leg band
numbers for critter that require such, and checking out the various
breeders and pet stores.  If there's a problem, you file a complaint
with them.  Unfortunately in CO there's only a few officers to do all
this work in the entire state, so a lot can be overlooked.

Mary, I don't mean to be harsh - but after all you saw in this store,
did you make a purchase there?  I not only file complaints with store
managment, corporate offices and the Division of Wildlife, I don't shop
at the store and tell others about it so they don't shop at the store.
I also make a big stink while I'm in the store and tend to get the
current shoppers not to shop there - or at least make them aware of the
current conditions.

Another option is contacting local animal control officers to report
abuse.  Unfortunately I don't know of any city or state that has enough
animal control officers to do all that needs to be done in a day.

Lori