[Gpdd] HEALTH: syringe feedings

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 22:33:30 EDT 2007

Hi,
     Glad that you clarified the amounts that should syriged for a syringe
feeding. The woman in the video certain looked as though she knew what she was
doing -- except for putting a finger or thumb over the poor piggy's eye at one
point. I really thought that she knew what she was doing! Still, it gives us
an idea of the process and your instructions for amounts is MOST helpful.
     (I guess the way I have been doing it is ok.)
     Charlie seems to like to be wrapped, perhaps because he associates it
(now) with yummy treats (his antibiotic). Also, he does better with a feeling of
security but that's Charlie's particular personality. I also leave the top of
his wrap loose so that his paws are free. The wrap also gives some support to
his "seated" bottom half.

     Again, thanks for supplying the additional information. So many of us
really muddle through this process until (hopefully) we eventually become
proficient.

Alge and the Jolly Rodents