[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Popcorn's passing

Deborah Tanovich dtanovich at rogers.com
Thu Jun 21 01:15:13 EDT 2007

Dear Friends of the GPDD

It is with a broken heart that I must tell you that at 12:50 AM EDT my beloved little boy, Popcorn, passed over to the Rainbow Bridge.  He had been diagnosed with what is basically leukemia about 2 weeks ago, and the vet told me that as soon as he stopped eating it would be time.  I knew that the time was near because Popcorn did not eat his night snack of Broccoli slaw and he didn't give me a fight when I went to pick him up.  We sat together with him nestled in my arms as he loved to do.  A few shudders and he was gone.
Popcorn was 6 1/2 years old, not as old as some of our little ones who have gone on, but he was a senior piggie.  He loved to cuddle and we had many a midnight chat, especially during these last few months with my mother's increasing dementia and my daughter's battle with substance abuse.  His was always a wise counsel.  My vet thought he looked like Winston Churchill.

My heart is broken and the tears keep coming.  I miss you my boy, I hope Fluffy is there to greet you at the Rainbow Bridge and that all the other piggies welcome you with open paws and fresh hay.  Sleep peacefully my sweet

Debbie Tanovich