[Gpdd] [Health] Phoebe and Weight Loss

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Sat Mar 24 01:23:18 EDT 2007

As many of you know Phoebe as been suffering from chronic bladder
infections. These past few days she has slowed down on her eating but
been perky. This morning she was a bit picky about her food but when
I came home, she hadn't really eaten any of the fresh food I left her
or her hay or pellets. The hay has been flattened down or eaten up by
the time I get home. I picked her up and  she was so light. I weighed
her yesterday and although light didn't seem to bad. She was very
content and trilled and looked around.

I'm not sure what it might be. She tries to eat stuff but than looses
interest. I'm wondering if it's her teeth. She did munch down on the
kale I gave her, picked at the Critical Care and even picked at her
favourite cucumber even though she did grab it and hide it in her house.

Although, I know Cat Grass, (Oat grass) is not good because of it's
high calcium content, I broke down and ran out and bought some at
11:00 pm along with pediolyte. She hasn't been drinking much either.
She gobbled up the oat grass I gave her.

So she's off to the vet tomorrow. I couldn't get an appointment at my
vet earlier. (I called just before closing).

She's 6 and a half and anything like this worries me. Last time she
wasn't eating the vet gave her a vitamin B and C shot and she started
eating with in a couple hours.

Wish her healing wheeks,

Evelyn