[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <teeth>

JODI GRIMM jodigrimm at msn.com
Mon Mar 26 23:27:08 EDT 2007

Hi,
My pig Gussie had an ear infection last week but seems to be doing much
better!  He is actively racing me to the refrigerator for his snacks.
He also had the teeth cut down at the vet, last Thursday.  I gave him a hard
biscuit treat this afternoon and he was having a hard time chewing it.  He
made the same sound before his teeth got trimmed.  So I figured that I would
have to take him back to the vet again this week.
I'm a bit frustrated as he was just there.  I looked into getting his pet
insurance and it costs about $88.00 for one year.  They do not cover teeth
trimming, so I don't know if it is even worth having the coverage.  Has
anyone looked into this or have some thoughts?  I was also wondering what
others are paying to have teeth trimmed.  It costs about $150.00 in Seattle.
I love his vet and think that she does a great job!  I just worry about
putting my piggy thought anesthetic again in such a short period.  He seems
to bounce right back and this is the second time this year we have had to
trim the teeth.  He is not quite a spring chicken as he is five.
The vet has said that his teeth will grow faster as he gets older.  He has a
log to chew on and seems to love throwing his entire 3 pounds into the
project.
Thanks for listening it's nice to know there are other out there who feel
like pigs are a top priority.
Someone last week was talking about a bumper sticker, I always thought that
there should be one that said Guinea Pig is Co-pilot.
Jodi
I'm also worried

Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN
Presents today.
http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline&ocid=T002MSN03A07001