[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi update

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Sun Nov 4 19:24:06 EST 2007

  Sorry, didn't mean to cause such a huge amount of alarm. Yesterday afternoon Mimi had diarrhea, one blob about the size of a quarter. I didn't give her anymore greens or fruit the rest of the day, but after that one incident, the rest of the day her poos were what is "normal" for her. The poos are very wet, but for the most part are formed. This is how it has been & the vet is aware of the situation. She took her last dose of Trimethoprim on Thursday evening, so hopefully not being on the A.B. will help firm up the poos some. I am syringing her 0.2ml of Benbac every day. Today she wasn't eating or pooing as much, so I gave her a dose of her Reglan in the morning, as I was directed to do by my vet if that started happening again. She is still on painkiller (Torbugesic) so I wonder if that is upsetting her belly. I'm afraid to stop it though, in case she starts having pain. One possibility I'm thinking that could have caused the diarrhea yesterday was I gave her some fennel. It was the first time she ever had it & then later she had the diarrhea. Maybe her body just didn't like it, although she loved it. She has had a full exam by the vet last week & her teeth are good, she had an x-ray that didn't show any stones or belly problems, & she had a fecal culture done, which came back clear. Tuesday she goes for a sonogram to make for sure there are no stones & nothing going on internally. I am watching her like a hawk & will do my best by her. We are very worried about our new little girl. I thank everyone for your help & well wishes, even though I don't have time to answer every note individually. I'll let you know if anything changes.

~Jaime~
~Mimi & the (now adoptable!)mini "Mimi's" +
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/