[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Little Munch

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 06:35:00 EDT 2007

Oh Kaycee

Your story of Little Munch has tears pouring down my face. That poor little
piggie - and its mum, wherever she is. I dread to think how the cat got hold
of  it - the cat's owner should have made an effort to find out, in case there
were  other baby pigs in danger of being caught in the same way. I am just
hoping no  callous owner would have just turfed out a mother and babies to fend
for  themselves because they were unwanted .... oh please let's not think along
those  lines.

I can't say all the usual things about how the piggie knew it was loved and
enjoyed a happy life, because let's face it, it didn't - if it was only a
couple  of days old, it had known little but fear and pain. I suppose we can only
be  glad that at least you did what you could once it came to you - but it was
too  little, too late.

I am a cat owner and lover, and often have to salvage live animals from
their mouths, sadly, though they have never hurt a guinea pig - they share their
cages in the winter sometimes because the straw is warm! I always put the
rescued critters in a cage with bedding, food and water and leave them in peace
and quiet for a week. I guess about 50% survive and are subsequently released.
 Sadly, the other 50% go to The Bridge. I'm told they can die from shock, or
I  guess some have internal injuries.

We can only be grateful that Little Munch is now free from pain and fear,
gone to join little Lilac and all those other poor piglets that never know the
love of a slave. Another one for me to tell mine to look out for when they get
 to that Meadow, so they can bring them for me to love when I get there.

Many thanks for doing what you can,

Debbie (and the 14 Dolly Mixtures, who are in shock at the  tale)