[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Rosie's Tribute

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:33:30 EDT 2007

We got Rosie when Rich found a job and started working full time (I already
was working full time).  Sam was so depressed he stopped eating and drinking
and I was very scared of losing him.  I bugged Judi L. from the Metropolitan
Guinea Pig Rescue almost incessantly, but she took it very well.  Probably
because she would have done the same.

So, Rosie came to live with us and Sam was so happy.  She developed such a
wonderful bond with Rich, my husband, probably because he was the only male
in her life that didn't rumble at her.  They would sit in his recliner and
she'd move closer and closer to his face until she could give him a kiss.
He'd pucker up and she'd lick his upper lip.  Then she would decide she was
tired, curl up and thunk her head down on his chest as if it weighed 10
pounds.

She was so curious.  You could put her on the floor in any room and she'd
immediately start at the perimeter and go all the way around several times.
I'm convinced she was scouting out the perfect napping spot for when she got
tired.  Sometimes floor time consisted of the entire hallway that leads off
our family room.  When Rich or I walked down the hallway she would chase
us.  I think she thought it was a great game.  I loved the 'blurp, blurp'
sounds she made with every step on floor time.  She loved to investigate.

When Sam died, we got Charlie and I believe she really liked him better.  I
often caught her licking his eye or ear.  It was so sweet.

My husband and I are Ohio State Alumi so I got her a Brutus Buckeye finger
puppet when we went back for a game.  She loved Brutus.  I never saw her
move it, but I would find him in all sorts of different places when I would
look in the cage.  Sometimes, I would find her curled up around him.  That
was her stuffed animal and sleeping buddy.  Brutus will now have a place on
our mantel with Rosie when we get her back.  She died with Brutus next to
her in her carrier.  I'm so glad I remembered to put him in there with her.

She was such a special girl.  I know we all feel that way about our own pigs
and I know all pets are special but I think she was more so to me because
she opened Rich's heart to pets.  She was his little girl.  When he got home
the day of her surgery he brought her a "Get well soon" balloon.  I thought
it was so sweet.  It's very hard to look at now.  Yesterday, he started
crying after I mentioned the balloon.  He said it didn't work.

She was like no other pig.  She loved to have her belly rubbed and would let
me lay her on her back to rub her belly for her.  Then she would slowly fall
asleep that way until she realized I may have stopped rubbing her belly.
She liked foot rubs too.  Those would always make her make happy piggy
noises.

She just had so much personality.  She was a furry little sack of sugar and
it is so hard for us to let her go.  I hope she really is happy and healthy
again and knows how much we loved her.  I hope Peter is looking after her
now until we can do it again.  I miss her so much I can hardly stand it, but
I will.  Charlie needs me now.

We love you Rosie girl.  I wish you were able to have a longer life with
us.  You deserved no less than being blissfully happy for a very long time.

Sorry for the long post.

Piggy kisses,
Maren and Charlie
missing Sam and now Rosie so much