[Gpdd] Announcement--Lois's store

bunsnpigs at aol.com bunsnpigs at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 12:43:44 EDT 2008

Wow!?That store?IS stocked with all kinds of neat things for piggies and humans! I just bid on something, too. Thanks for letting us know. You should post this on Guinea Lynx, too.

I do want to let you know that I had a wonderful little piggy named Petey who was also a paraplegic. I dropped him, the poor thing. After his spine fused and it was safe to let him out of his little 1X2 pen, Petey learned to run almost as fast as the other piggies because he built his upper body up and he was very strong. He was like a body builder with these huge pectoral muscles! He lived with 11 of his friends in a giant 12X9 pen and lived for another 2 years after being dropped. He died from cancer, not from his disability. I loved that little pig so much. He left on June 26th, 2004.?

Petey did not need a cart! Because he did lay around mostly flat, Petey also had urine scald so I had to bathe his little bottom daily and use some Desitin or A&D ointment to keep it soothed. But until he got cancer, he was an amazing little guy and precious beyond words.

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
http://www.mgpr.org

Fosterer/Educator