[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Queensie

Joanne Gosnell windchimes at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 13 18:16:21 EST 2008

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my
Queensie/Speensie/Speenser on Saturday morning, January 12th at the age of
7. She had started to really suffer with the bone growths on her jaw.  She
had survived mostly from syringe feeds of Critical Care and other such
mixtures for a couple of weeks, but things were getting too difficult for
her.

She wheeped at me yesterday morning when I came in at 7:30 -  only about the
3rd time in a couple of weeks. She managed to very slowly munch on a few of
her favorite veggies on her trip to the vet.  She always had a strong will,
combined with a sweetness, and this remained right to the end.

We adopted Queensie and her 'sister' cage mate Tootsie 6 years ago and were
thought to be about a year old at that time.  They had been abandoned
outside our pet supply store in a small cage one cold March night.  Tootsie
is still with us, so please send up some prayers for her. They had many good
times with us, including being outside in an enclosure we would put on the
grass on nice days in the summer.  They have been well looked after, and
well loved.  Queensie had longish red hair, with little 'rosettes' all over,
and really sweet bangs. Her favorite foods were carrot and apple, but she
always got assorted greens each day along with good pellets and hay.

Thanks so much for the emails received, and especially for the help from
Tex.  Tex, you helped make life comfortable for her during her last days
here and I can't thank you enough for that and the support you have given
us.

Many of you know the emptiness and grief that comes from going through this.
It's truly a tough time.  But the loving them has all been worth it.

Joanne