[Gpdd] Health: Humane society!

Carly Austin candi191999 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 09:33:17 EDT 2008

Hi all you fuzzy bums!

As some of you piggies may know, I volunteer weekly (Monday nights) at the Winona Area Humane society.  I have been doing this since October, as our lease states only 2 cats per apartment. I figure I am pushing it with 2 cats and 5 pigs! So I get my extra cat fix, sorry pigs, by doing "Cat Care" there.  My residents at work think that title is funny since they all know it is just a fancy name for "The one who Scoopers My Poopers".  Tangent!  Back to the story! Wow, I get too detailed at times!

Every so often they put out the WAHS News letter, and before doing so they ask for ideas and articles to go in it.  Well I never figured a story about guines pigs would make it since, they deal only with cats and dogs.  TO my suprise.. and shock.. it did!  The woman who writes the paper wrote me back, asking for more detail, she was very interested in the "New Piggie Trends"!  I wrote about C and C cages, fleece bedding, the tabu of single piggies ( I know some may have them, but mine love it so much more to be with their own kind! I am just to big to fit in their house, no matter how big it is, and I would eat them out of house and home!)

http://www.winonahumanesociety.org/

This is the link, click on read the news letter.  My name is Carly Austin.

THanks for letting me share!

Carly