[Gpdd] HEALTH- Luke

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Sat Jul 19 12:38:19 EDT 2008

Janet-
  When we first got Molly (passed away now) she had wounds from her former home (she was an abused piggie & blind because of it.) Long story...anyway, she was very itchy & also had ringworm, which is very contagious, so be careful just in case. The vet gave us this spray called
Pramoxine HCI. It also has colloidal oatmeal in it, as well as the Pramoxine, which helps with the itching & inflammation. You just spray it on their fur & rub it down into their skin. Just be sure to keep away from the eye & face area. If your vet doesn't have it, I have the name of the manufacturer, so maybe you can get it thru them. I sometimes get itchy & a rash after holding piggies. Esp. on my arms & chest. Maybe you are allergic. Or maybe the mites are biting you? When my hammie Radar had mites, he got oral invermectin. Guinea pigs have *very* thick skin, so shots are difficult. Perhaps your vet could switch? Sorry I can't do more to help. It's such a sad situation. If you need anymore info on the Pramoxine let me know. Take care.

~Jaime & Mimi~
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/