[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS] Two questions that have been bugging me

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sun Jun 1 04:48:59 EDT 2008

When one gets my side of 50, one becomes more and more forgetful, and there
are two piggie issues that have been bugging me. As you may know, we have
helpers here from all over the world, and I try to educate them as much as I can
about piggies - I kind of see it as one of my roles in life! Now I always
tell  them one must not give piggies wet veggies. I am pretty sure I read on here
once  that one must not feed wet veggies to guinea pigs. If one washes the
veggies  before serving them, one has to dry them off first. Now, have I
mis-remembered  this, or is it true, and if it is true, what is the reason?? I tell
helpers they  mustn't feed wet veggies to the Dolly Mixtures, and often they
ask why, and I  just have to shrug and admit I can't remember.

And the other question - a few months ago, I heard on the radio  news on the
way to work that scientists had made a breakthrough in breeding  the first
ever mouse that could catch the common cold. They made a really big  thing of the
fact that there had previously been no laboratory animal that could  catch
the common cold, and now that they had bred one, there would be a lot more
research done and perhaps a cure would at last be found. I had to check whether
it was 1st April, but it wasn't! I am sure it's common knowledge in the piggie
community that our masters can catch colds from their slaves. I always avoid
handling any of mine if I have so much as a sniffle for that very reason. But
 could this just be a myth? Or do piggies develop URI's from contamination
from  our cold germs which are not exactly like human colds?

Wheeks to all piggies and slaves from France

Debbie