[Gpdd] announcement: RIP Dear CA Cookie and Little Bear

Mary Fran McCluskey faststats at faststatschecks.com
Mon Jun 9 16:32:45 EDT 2008

Dear Piggy Friends,

It is with tears in my eyes that I must finally tell you that my girls have tragically passed away. On May 14th, during the one hour drive to Santa Rosa where they were to spend a lovely vacation with Lady Bug and Joan, they were overcome with the heat in the back of the van and died shortly after.

I know that they are with their loving company at the Rainbow Bridge. I asked my husband yesterday during their funeral if he thought piggies at the Bridge would miss their slaves terribly. He replied that he thought they remembered fondly their time with us, and that they missed us in a way that didn't cause them pain, if that's possible.

You all know about Cookie and Carla's Snowball and their lovely trip to the Riviera after the (last) royal wedding, and about Little Bear, intrepid adventurer and captain of the Thunderbears at the 07 Lake Elsinore Olympigs. I'm sorry I have no pigtures to share.

The girls were 5 and 4, I think. They divided their time among their homes in San Rafael and Lake Elsinore, and spent summer vacations at Clearlake (where some may remember that Little Bear  ran away for three days last year, silly thing). And virtually, the world was their oyster. They were Clearlake feedstore piggies.

Thank you, dear friends, for understanding my sorrow. These girls were with me through some hard times and for that reason, among so many others, they were, somehow, more special. The darling de Pookers. Since they're passed away together does that make them the last of their line? I suppose so.

So grateful to have all of you as friends at the very sad time.

--Mary Fran
Piggiless and Sad