[Gpdd] [HEALTH] flies in piggie's cage

Joy Wong littlemutt22 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 12:27:54 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Whitefield, my piggy seems to attract an endless amount of small flies (not the housefly variety) even though he is cleaned (he takes a bath once a week) and his cage is cleaned daily. The flies just keep coming. I've tried spraying deodorizers etc. but they don't work very well. Anyone has any tips to keep the flies at bay.

The flies look like the fruit fly variety and are probably attracted to Whitefield's poop and urine smell.

I did check with the vet. He said that as long as the flies aren't laying any eggs or Whitty doesn't have any open wounds, it should be okay.

in need of advice,

joylania and whitty