[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Pressure sores on Lulu's feet

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 17:03:33 EDT 2008

Hi Maribel

Sorry to hear that Lulu is having all sorts of trouble, especially with her
feet.  What I would recommend is to put a layer of bubble wrap (bubble side
down) under newspaper for her flooring, with hay and bedding on top.  This
will give her some comfort - she will be "walking on air".  I have found
that this method helps piggies with foot problems.

I was wondering whether they are really pressure sores, or growths of hard
skin, which could be snipped back without cutting the skin on the hands and
feet.  Do Lulu's nails need trimming?  That might also make it uncomfortable
for her to move about much.

Whereabouts in the UK are you?  Email me privately and I can give you
details of my own vet in the London area if that would help.

Kay