[Gpdd] Announcement: Charlie the lonely Jolly Rodent has a new live-in friend

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 02:07:07 EDT 2008

Hi All You Piggies and Piggy Peoples,

     I iz so esscited. Two weeks ago one of momma's helpers brought her what
was supposed to be a five week old piggy pup (and without momma's permission,
either). It was born on Feb 1st or 2nd. It was one of those "somebody bought 2
girl piggies at the pet store at Pigmas time and both were pregnant"
situations. Momma was interested in one for one of her friends, but she also was also
secretly wondering about one as a buddy for me, too. The 2nd litter had 2
little boars, but it took the woman 5 weeks to get the piggies sexed even tho Alge
said she could pick out the boys at 3 wheeeks pretty good herself. But his
actual arrival was a serprize.
     I think maybe they lied about this guy's birth date. He was bigger than
any 5 wheeeek old piggy pup either of us had ever seen. (He's 7 wheeeks old
now.)
     Remember when Chester wanted to change his name to Goliath? Well, this
is definitely a Goliath-sized piggy but 'cause of Chester we couldn't name him
that.
     The day he arrived mum put us in one of our big "bins" so that whee
could introduce ourselves to each other in neutral territory. Whee did so well
that even though he had his own cage already made up for him, he moved straight
into my cage and has shared my cage with me ever since.
     Whee likes each other although he tries to steal food right from my
mouth if I don't get in all gobbled in quick enough.
     But there is the matter of a name. I've told him all the stores about
everyone and he likes the idea that there was a MISTER Cooders, and that there
is a Mr. T, and a Mr. P (AKA: Pumpkin.) He thinks he wants to be a Mr.
     But then, two nights ago, he saw a movie about Pirates on the telly,
"Pirates of the Caribbean" and now he wants to call himself Captain Jack Sparrow.
He likes Captain Jack and wants to be like him. (Hey Fugly and Igor, we may
have another piggy for a cavaret performance. He likes Capt. Jack's eyeliner!!)
  But there's a problem with that, so maybe youse guyz will help us.
     A long time ago, wasn't there a famous GPDD pig named Capt. Jack Jenkins
of HMS, the Avenger?? Would that make it bad for there to be another Captain
Jack even if he was named for a movie pirate and his last name was Sparrow?
     It's taken all this time fur him to like a name. The udder one is
"Sebastian G. Pigg" also to be sometimez known as Mr. Pigg.
     Well, at leest wheeze gots it down to two names. Our list was very long
a wheek ago.
     Let us know what youze udder piggies think about the names and we'll
keep thinking, too. He says he's tired of momma calling him "Little Guy" 'cause
he isn't little. Wheee are sure he'll be a LAPS piggy one day. He may even
eventually get to be a Jolly Rodent but we had to work hard for our induction into
that illustrious (but sometimes infamous) group and so will he.

Gleeful wheeeeks,
Charlie, Jolly Rodent    <------I will be 4 years old at the start of next
month. Remember when Chester and I were the "mini guineas"? I still miss
Chester.)