[Gpdd] Question about behavior of Piggies and Cats...

Angel Tears angeltears19999 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 07:08:02 EDT 2008

I have written this before but thought that you may not have got it. {wrong subject line, etc.}  I have read the digest for about a year, having joined after having Prue and Jossie our dear piggies, or should I saw them having us, for around 3 years{Prue} and 2 years {Jossie}.
  Does anyone else have a cat that seems to "talk" to the piggies? We have a rather spoiled and large {about 20 to 25 pound} Maine Coon, that when we first brought home, let play with the piggies during floor time, she has not once tried to scratch, or harm them. {we ALWAYS watch them if the piggies are not in the enclosure} She does try to clean them though. The thought is that she lost her Mum when she was a little over 4 weeks, and that is when she meet the piggies, that she thinks they are "little cats that do not grow" I know how strange this must sound, but Kit {the cat} will sit by the enclosure that the piggies are in and meow after they make all the wonder piggie sounds. And when they want something, or Kit sees that we have fruit or veggies to bring to them, she will sit next to them, and watch while they eat, after she sees that they are happy, she will let us feed her. Prue, being the oldest, seems to "talk" more than Jossie. And Kit being a Maine Coon has a
 tiny Meow for such a large cat. The piggies are not scared of her. Anyway has anyone else ever heard of this happening? I only ask, because until some of those close to us have seen it they do not believe it. I love the newsletter, and laugh at all the wonderful stories.
  Thank you for listening,
  Angel