[Gpdd] misc, cats talking to pigs

Rollins, Laura G. rollinsl at musc.edu
Mon Mar 31 15:38:19 EDT 2008

My cat (who is a Norwegian forest cat, a very close relative of the maine coon) talks to my piggies too! I didn't think anyone else experienced this! Albert (the cat) is new to the house. He's just come down from my family's home in NC. He sits by Pippin and Frieda's cage and talks with them. He and Frieda especially go at it. Sometimes he'll reach in and pat her gently or groom her. She'll run up to him and sort of run into his furry belly and popcorn like mad! Its great watching them. I never leave them alone of course, even though he's gentle, he's still a carnivore! I know he's very sensitive to highpitch noises like whistling. Is yours? Maybe this could have something to do with it?

Laura Grace, Pippin, Frieda, and now Albert