[Gpdd] HEALTH Salt licks

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun May 11 05:27:37 EDT 2008

Hi Sarah,

I never give salt licks to any of my herd. Too much salt is bad for the human diet and we are always being encouraged to cut down on our own consumption. The same goes for guinea pigs.

Although your piggy is obviously enjoying her salt lick, she will consume far more than is good for her. Piggies can become addicted to the salt lick and don't know when to stop. So, personally, I would recommend you take it away and give her lots of tasty veggies instead.

I love the name Kiss 'n' Kate!

Penny and the Piggyfriends.