[Gpdd] VIRTUAL Boar's night

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat May 24 07:53:41 EDT 2008

As we live near the sea, the Piggyfriend boars thought that they would like to take the ferryboat across the Channel to France for the Boar's Night weekend. Hoping for an early start, they arrived at the ferryport to discover it blocked by hundreds of lorries unable to board the ferries. They found out that there was a national strike in France and the French ports were blockaded so the ferries were not operating.

They decided to try the Channel Tunnel instead. Brave piggies - you would not get me into that tunnel - but I suppose that it is second nature to them as they love running through their pipes. The Tunnel is only a very big pipe after all. No doubt I will be receiving a large bill for all those train tickets but the Egg cards saved the day again.

They called last night to say that they had finally arrived and have met up with both Fugly and Duke. They asked me to tell Glynis not to worry as they know all about CC and have seen me deal with eyes on many occasions so feel confident that Duke will be OK in their capable paws.

They are probably enjoying the paintballing games right now. There is a paintball centre at an adventure park just along the road from "Piggyfriends" and, if the games are a success, they might like to do it all again when they come here for the Pignic and Birthday Celebration. There is a discount for children so I will have to see if this applies to piggies as well. I shall have to warn them that there is also a Birds of Prey Display at the park and they must watch out for all those fierce eagles, owls and suchlike. They are used to my cockatiels but their beaks are not as dangerous as the toughest thing they have to tackle is a grape.

They might also enjoy the dry ski slope there. I shall have to see how much activity a group of piggies can fit into one weekend, bearing in mind the need for naps and lots of birthday cake.

Sorry to be late with my report but we have had trouble with our server for the last couple of days. I hope that I haven't missed any GPDD posts.

Penny and half of the Piggyfriends. The 13 sows left behind are complaining that they want to play paintball too. Not today. I have to go to work.