[Gpdd] [MISC] Cavies on planes, boats and Vedra and the CCT

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Wed Aug 5 13:37:15 EDT 2009

Hello GPDD Family,

I am Ann Evans of Piggyville and a long term student of Vedra
Stanley-Spatcher. I am overwhelmed with seeing cavies at the vet
practice that I volunteer at and taking care of my own rescued cavies.
I have lots of experience with taking up to 17 cavies on planes to
Grenada in the West Indies and importing them back into the USA. I also
have a home in the UK so I am familiar with the ever changing
requirements of importing and exporting cavies from the UK and EU. The
best way to contact me is to send me your telephone number and what
country you are calling from and I will call you back. I have also
sailed with my cavies on my 37 foot sailboat and had to declare them in
over 20 different countries. So I will be happy to help anyone with
questions.

Regarding Vedra's new web page for BAR and the CCT, I have spoken to
Vedra and her webmaster and am assisting them in fixing the Contact Us
link. The web page is updated almost daily so please make sure you
change your bookmarks to the new link and be patient. Lots of exciting
changes are coming. If there is only one book that you own about cavies
I would suggest Vedra's book Diagnostic Guide to Guinea Pig Problems.
You should be able to buy it by PayPal soon. If you have any questions
about the British names of drugs or anything about the book, once again
I will be happy to assist you. Vedra works 365 days a week taking care
of cavies. She does not read her email until midnight every night so
please do not be put off if she does not get back to you immediately.
Obviously since she is my mentor I know how to get in touch with her.
Once the web page is done many of your questions will be answered.Vedra
requests that you Please use the medical help line mobile number only
for cavy emergencies until her work load gets a little less hectic.
http://www.britishassociationofrodentologists.co.uk/

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.