[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOUR] Piggies "leaking" instead of "wheeking"

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Tue Feb 17 12:33:04 EST 2009

Angela Our SCAMP Scarecrow (aka Skiggy), who is featured on the SCAMPS
website (scamps-gpdd.blogspot.com), was always our tiniest piggie, and
she always had a hoarse wheek. I used to worry sometimes that she had an
upper respiratory problem, but she always ate well and hey, she lived to
be a Senior Citizen Ageing Miracle Pig!! She didn't show any sign of
illness when she went to The Rainbow Bridge, just slipped away quietly
during one night last summer.  It certainly didn't bother her at all that
she was a "leaky" pig, and actually her hoarse wheek could somehow be as
loud as the others' "normal" ones! she was never backward in coming
forward! Enjoy all that popcorning - sadly it is a rare event amongst
SCAMPs, although it does occasionally occur even now! We'll be interested
to see how many other "leaky" pigs come to light as a result of your
posting - would not be surprised if there were quite a few worldwide! We
are certain little Mona is not alone!! Wonder if it is more common in
tiny pigs? Guess the diminuitive size could indicate an underlying heart
defect, which might lead to reduced lung function .... but hey, like I
said, Scarecrow lived to 5 and a half, so it can't be a very serious
condition. Debbie and the 8 Dolly Mixtures (Northwest France)

"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses