[Gpdd] HEALTH: Calico's Illness

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 17:52:59 EST 2009

Hello Friends:  Thanks to all of you who have sent advice and well  wishes to
Calico.  GPDD people are truly the best!  Calico is still  not eating on his
own, but the bleeding has lessened considerably with the new  antibiotic
Ciprofloxin.  He is still being hand fed and resting on a  Snuggle safe pad to keep
him warmer under his pigloo.  I hope now that the  bleeding has slowed down,
that maybe he will start eating more on his  own.  We have stopped the Reglan.
 Has anyone heard of Reglan being a  problem with the stomach or digestive
tract as far as eating goes?  Our vet  said to stop it and see if he would eat
better due to the fact that it may be  bothering his stomach. I know it is used
to get things moving again, but should  it be discontinued after the cavy
starts pooping again?  I will try to keep  you posted on Cally's progress, and
thanks again for all of the advice and well  wishes.

Sincere condolences to all who have lost dear fur babies.  It seems  like far
too many have been crossing the Rainbow Bridge lately.

Wheeeeeps from Debra and Calico
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)