[Gpdd] Announcement: Surprise for Fugly

M mfug at live.co.uk
Sat Jun 27 16:42:19 EDT 2009

When he gets back from pirating we have a surprise for Fugly, his name is Spooky and he is a little grey and white boar with very dark red eyes.

Here is how we ended up with Spooky;

2 weeks ago we were in pet shop getting Fugly's hay and looking at the guinea pigs, when other half (oh) noticed a little grey piggy with big scabs on his ear, we pointed this out to the girl who said she would take him out back for treatment.

Monday I phoned and was told he was isolated and being treated with baytril.

Tuesday oh went to see him and he was worse than on Saturday he insisted he needed a vet and they agreed to take him next day, oh also noticed the piggys who were with him were just starting to get scabs, the assistant tried to fob him off that it was dry skin but he insisted they all needed treatment. oh came home with rabbit 120 indoor cage.

Wednesday I phoned vet had confirmed mites and he was being treated with spot on treatment containing Ivermectin.

Saturday we went in to see him and were told we couldnt as he was being treated.

We were away until Wednesday I phoned when we got back and they said to call next day, as they didnt know about piggy with mites.

Called Thursday was told to call Saturday

Yesterday (Friday) I had had enough and decided to go into store so they couldnt fob me off, we saw him and he was much better so we said he was coming home with us, we have Ivermectin ready for follow up dose and vet sect repel shampoo to bath Spooky and Fugly in (thanks for advise Penny) Spooky will have his follow up dose next Wednesday and then next Friday evening will bathe them both and try them together so we have weekend to watch them.

This is Spooky you can see where hair is missing by ear, this was all scabby when we first saw him so he is alot better.

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/piggypals/Spooky%20June%202009/IMG_0479.jpg