[Gpdd] Health UTI

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Apr 5 02:27:21 EDT 2010

Yes I would definitely keep the antibiotics going a longer time. In the
rabbit world there are buns who have to be treated constantly without break.
In fact every time you stop an antibiotic the ones that have survived
multiply and become stronger. I myself required 3 months strong antibiotics
for a stubborn sinus condition.  I would also have a third party make sure
the dosage is correct, and if possible have a culture and sensitivity test
during her next relapse to find out if this antibiotic is effective.  Also
add unsweetened 100% cranberry juice. It is found that something in
cranberry juice actually adheres the lining of the bladder and prevents
bacteria from adhering. So I dont mean go from 10 days to 2 weeks, I mean
months.  But be careful to give a real probiotic in between antibiotic
doses, not concurrent, so she has beneficial bacteria to digest her foods.
The health food store or section, refrigerated will yield an expensive one
that has far more types of bacteria than those few in yogurt. Most yogurts
only have bacteria meant to help digest milk, and of course piggies don't
need those.
Good Luck
Sandy