[Gpdd] re GPDD (Care) (UTI treatment/prevention)and cleaning

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 16:07:43 EST 2011

Hi Penny and all, I did mean to come across as supporting potassium and
magnesium, not sodium thou, it counts as salt. But for potassium and
magnesium I don’t know precise dosages or even guesses. I get my potassium
from banana too, and suggest it best to get as much from food as possible,
unless we can get precise amounts to give as supplements.  I do take about
500 mg a day of magnesium but don’t supplement Sammy, but might if we find a
good dosage and brand without additives. magnesium is good for heart health,
its just getting the right balance of minerals using food and supplements
seems tricky to me as stones are made up of the excesses.   Banana is sweet
so if you give much sweet fruits, veggies, incl. carrots, or other sugar
sources then I wouldn’t give much banana. in my experience piggies love it,
but a small piece does it.  I'm hoping we do come up with proper amounts and
sources   Sandy and Sammy