[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Cymalon for Cystitis

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Mon Feb 7 17:57:48 EST 2011

Dear Warmbreath and the GPDD Family,
Both Vedra and Peter Gurney have been using these products for many
years.  Peter used the contents of the sachet at a much stronger
concentration than Vedra does and apparently did not have any problems.
In my BAR treatment guide for cystitis Vedra suggests that one sachet
should be used with 2 cups of water along with the Pediatric Bactrim and
Rimadyl.

As far as potassium in the form of bananas is good for piggys who have
had diarrhea. That is why we give pedialyte for the same reason because
it contains potassium. I do not know anything about the use of magnesium
supplements.

Sodium gets a bad rap because people eat a lot of processed food that
contains salt = sodium chloride. Sodium is essential in the operation of
the nervous system along with many other biological properties. The
sodium or potassium citrate in Cymalon is being expelled by the kidneys
and buffering the pH of the urine in order to produce an anti
inflammatory effect in the bladder and urinary tract. Used as specified
I do not see that it would cause a cavy any problem.
--

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.