[Gpdd] Misc: SPARKLES is gone

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 02:45:11 EDT 2011

Corrine, dear,  and Michael, pardon me for being late  I just woke, it was a
long night wasn’t it and very hard.  You did every thing humanly possible
for Sparkles,  She was over four years old and enjoyed your love every one
of those years, yours and Michael's. She had this intestinal disorder for
years, you had made the decision to have an examination with dye done to see
if there could be found some physical anomaly that may finally have
explained it all. But your nursing made your bond with her ever stronger.
And hers with you.

So you have constantly sought information, but there was no piggy vet on
your island, there are 2 that call themselves vets and a third who sent her
home to die. The close vet knew nothing, another knew less and cost us Snowy
Bear. The third is a bit better but sent a blown up and rigid, Sparkles even
having spasms home with you without pain meds, without instructions to keep
the gas down after herself removing gas with a needle, she gave you no
instruction to up or continue frequently the simethicone.  Sparkles was
beyond help, maybe years ago if there was a good vet but there isn't one on
your island, maybe not in your state and that makes your job harder and you
stuck with her and your other lost loves all these years without a good vet.
Even so Sparkles way outlived the average age of a piggy who lives in a home
with owners who know nothing so you added years years to the life of a sick
piggy with your care and love.  many piggies die naturally at 4 or 5,  You
and Michael devoted yourselves to her care and so although your grief is
great you gave all the love and care that you could find outside and inside
your home, you stayed up with her,  you rid her of her parasites including
Giardia, months ago, you looked for answers and help around the world, how
many piggies have that advantage YOU gave her?  Its not your fault! I repeat
It's not your fault!

You have 3 more piggies who need your love and care, and you have Michael
who needs you at his side, your friends in Hawaii and us all over the world
that care about you  so I say PLEASE think of your family and friends and
how well and persistent you were for this darling piggy and your others
still thriving and the ones that passed, you helped them all. You still have
a role here, the same role we all have

This grief is natural, you must grieve as you have for the others but you
will recover. Remember the phrase  "To everything there is a time and a
purpose", Sparkles time and purpose here on earth has passed, your time and
purpose has not, and wont for a long time.  I am glad you reached out us on
the GPDD  as every one of of us has lost multiple piggies over the years and
we have felt that black empty hole, all of us have comeback but our love and
honor for our little lost ones remains. I myself have lost them to accident,
disease, bad vets, even bad nursing or the wrong decision, as well as just
finding them gone in their cage with no reason at all. It just happens. I
myself lost my son to drugs 3 years ago after years and the struggle cost me
every thing and I still wonder what I could have done, I even did the
ultimate of sending him away to find healing.   Still we love and care and
enjoy the ones we still have, and that’s what I and I'm sure every one here
wishes for you.
My deepest sympathies and love Sandy and Shipwreck Sam