[Gpdd] VIRTUAL: engagement party, Onyx and Friday

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 21 23:27:19 EDT 2011

Mom, I hardly know where to start!  Being in Hawaii is wonderful, and being with my beautiful Onyx is even better.  So many of our friends have been able to join us, for which we are very thankful!  We have so many corn silks, courtesy of Miss Pooky and Mimi, that we've even been making our own leis from them.  We're also having a hat contest, with hats made from flowers, parsley, and even carrots.  I admit to tasting a grass skirt (though not while anypig was wearing it), but I discovered that hay is much more tasty.  The Piggyfriends, Misfits, Shakira, Spooky and Hector, and Sammy have all brought roses in all kinds of beautiful colors, and Saturday night we discovered rose-strewn paths, as well as rose-petal centerpieces.  Some piggies are using the rose petals as love notes, though I am sworn to secrecy regarding givers and recipients.

Spooky and I have had such fun teaching the Irish stew line dance, and Velvet and Ethan have led piggie trains all over the hotel.  Some of the girls made rose belts for the boys and rose necklaces for the girls, and we heard a visitor in the lobby say that we looked like a line of parade floats!

The air and the ocean must be medicinal, as Boxty's fungal infection is hardly noticeable now, and I think he will have made a full recovery by the time he is home.

The sunsets seem to melt into the sky here, and I hardly have words to describe how wonderful it is to see them with my lovely Onyx.  When the sun reaches the horizon, all of us piggies clap and cheer.  And then we're ready to greet the sunrise in the morning.  Well, OK, there might be a few piggies named<edited>  who might have a few too many cilantro margaritas and sleep a little late.  I am sworn to secrecy regarding this matter as well.

Will write more soon.

Friday