[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Otto the Very Vocal Guinea Pig

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 00:26:19 EST 2012

Thanks so much to everyone who wrote privately to send condolences for
Otto.That was so sweet, and we both really appreciate it. I have tried to answer
everyone via private email, but beg forgiveness if anyone slipped through
the cracks. It has been a very emotional time here, as I'm sure you all know.

Alyssa and I were so glad that Otto had such a peaceful passing. I know it
isn't always so easy. I'm glad he had those extra months, after he recovered
from illness last year.

And ten years is a lot of mileage for a guinea pig--especially since he was
neglected by his previous owners before we adopted him from the local
Humane Society.

You couldn't come in the front door or come downstairs or even enter the
living room (his domain) without being greeted by loud, querulous, demanding
"wheeks." Basically, he was saying, "Okay, I know you're in here. Where's my
carrots, apple slices, lettuce leaves, celery sticks, etc., etc., etc.?"

For a very small animal, he basically filled up the whole room with his
heart and his soul. Now there is only emptiness.

 He wasn't one of the "movie star" guinea pigs on HBO, Nickelodeon, PBS or
Animal Planet, but he was featured on local television news and in the local
newspaper.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/aug/21/local-woman-takes-exception-disney-charcterizing-g/

Each time I come in the house, I listen for his "wheepings." Can't get used
to the silence.

Love and WHEEEEEEPS,

Nancy (& Alyssa)