[Gpdd] HEALTH: Cinnamon Bleeding

Anneli Cochrane arcochrane at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:09:47 EDT 2012

Hello all,
I need some advice. My 5 year old Abyssinian Cinnamon has some sort of
problem. Cinnamon lives in a cage with 3 other sows. Last week I noticed
some blood on the shavings, I inspected each pig and found no-one to be
bleeding so I ignored it. Yesterday, I looked in the cage and saw fresh
blood and I immediately examined everyone and found everyone clean except
for Cinnamon, who had a reddish tint between her legs (it's very hard to
tell on her because she is mostly black with black skin). So she obviously
had some sort of 'vaginal' discharge (sorry I don't know the right word to
use for pigs). She is eating fine and appears to be in good health, so I am
not sure what to make of this, but it was enough blood to concern me. Today
there was no blood and she seems fine as usual. Any thoughts?
Anneli