[Gpdd] Health: maybe narcolepsy

juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 2 15:06:25 EDT 2012

Hi ME, I have never heard of a piggy with narcolepsy.   It very unusual.   I know someone {person}who does suffer from narcolepsy, but it's more the kind of disease that when she has to sleep, she just instantly goes to sleep.   I know she can be asleep for nearly all day (different forms of narcolepsy and different severity I guess).   I think, just so long as your baby becomes responsive is maybe all that can be done.  My friend has to take amphetamines to keep her awake should she have any appointments, but I doubt this would be good for a piggy. I'd just be constantly checking her...... and maybe she goes into a deeper sleep if she is cold?  Maybe a heat wheat pack  might help? I don't know what to say, just rambling with some thoughts because I've 1st hand experience, but only with a 2 legged person, not a precious piggy. I am sending prayers that you and hubby can get to the bottom of this problem. I watched my Hugo sleeping the other day, he was in such a deep sleep his little eyes were fluttering open and closed, like we all do when in REM sleep.  He sleep peacefully for quite a while. There is always the fact that she is just so very happy, and feels so very safe and comfortable, that she allows herself to drop into a deeper sleep than normal, because being a "prey" animal I know piggies don't sleep very long at any one time.   Maybe you are such a good slave, she feels totally safe in her environment.       I will pray that that is all it is. Love to you, hubby and piggy!Julie + her five boys