[Gpdd] HEALTH: UTI concern

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Fri Feb 8 17:35:10 EST 2013

Hi fellow piggy lovers,

I am very concerned about Callie.

With my previous pigs, Sammy and Tabby, I was very fortunate and never had any issues with UTIs or bladder stones so I have no experience with them.  Recently, I had noticed more wheeking going on in the cage but atttributed it to just regular old bickering.  But, to day, I was holding Callie and she suddenly started getting fussy and fidgety.  Then, she started softly whimpering and peeing at the same time.  I smelled a strong odor and took her back to her cage and showed the towel to Earl.  There was no blood so I don't think it is bladder stones but am condcerned that it could be a UTI.  Does this sound likely to you all?

I am taking her to the vet either way tomorrrow because I can't stand the thought of how painful these things are.  I know from my own experience.  They hurt!!  I am going to put a white towel in the bottom of her boxc before I take her so the doc can see any sign of blood of sludge.  I'll let you guys know how it all turns out when I get home with her tomorrow afternoon.

Take care one and all and please keep my Callie in your prayers tonight.

Hugs and whisker kisses,

Lynn, an uncomfortable Callie and Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts and memories.