[Gpdd] FW: HEALTH: Kimba's Eye

ME me at buddies.org
Sat Jan 12 20:14:29 EST 2013

If it is the skin bulging, then it is most likely pea eye as Penny suggests.  It most likely doesn't require medical attention unless it is inflamed due to another cause.

If the white membrane seems to be covering the cornea, the eye got injured by something and your vet can prescribe an eye ointment to aid in healing.  The eye also may be bulging from blood flooding into the eye to help heal it.  You may be able to see the blood, though it is more difficult to see in darker eyes.

About week ago, I had one that had a piece of hay stuck in her eye and her eye had clouded over completely.  It took about 5 days to clear.  Most of the eye injuries I've treated cleared up within a couple days.