[Gpdd] HEALTH: Eve again

ME me at buddies.org
Mon Mar 11 21:06:21 EDT 2013

How long has she been on antibiotics?  If it's recurring like this, you probably need to have her on antibiotics for an extended time or it will keep coming back.  My diabetic pig got stubborn ones that required a month or more of antibiotics, sometimes switching between a few.  No stones were ever found on xrays, though I did suspect once she might have passed one once on her own, it was a really bad bout and I thought I was going to lose her.  It happened when my vet was on vacation (of course) and I made an appointment for the morning he came back ... turned out it was 9/11 and that's where I learned about the attacks.  She actually seemed to be better the day before, but since it was such a bad several days, I kept the appointment ... vet thought she was over it, but he changed the antibiotic back to Sulfatrim for another ten days just in case (she was on an injectable before, Amikacin, since Sulfatrim and Baytril didn't take care of it ... though usually a round of Sulfatrim, a round of Baytril, and then finishing with another round of Sulfatrim usually took care of stubborn bouts).