[Gpdd] HEALTH:Bladder or kidney stone

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 15:19:57 EDT 2013

This is dreadful news, Lynn.

My rodentologist never uses Xrays to determine whether a sow has a bladder
stone ( boars are another matter and usually require invasive surgery due
to their anatomy ). He just feels for the stone and then works it down and
out through the urethra and only charges a few pounds for this. How I wish
that you had someone like him nearby to help. Everyone needs someone like
him or our Ann nearby.

Have you read Ann's Piggyville page about stone pigs? The relevant data is
halfway down this page.

http://piggyville.com/index.php?id=4#Stone_Pigs_4

I've never needed to use any of this but if Ann recommends it, then it must
be good.

Re Kidney stones. M's Fugly suffered with these and she wrote about them in
the Undercover Piggies blog.

http://undercoverguineapigs.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Guinea%20Pig%20Health

You need to scroll down to October 16th. 2010. Again, this is about halfway
down.

Hope that this of some help for Eve. Why do vet's charges have to be so
exorbitant and why do they not learn alternative methods of treating
piggies. All the information is out there waiting. I used to have a
wonderful vet, who was open to any suggestions that I gave him via the
Peter and the CCT. I could never run Piggyfriends if I had bills like this.

Wishing you all the best. Paws crossed.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.