[Gpdd] Misc: Rememberances

Luita Dean Spangler luitad at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sun Nov 3 14:55:48 EST 2013

Dear Audrey,
What a lovely picture you gave us of planting flowers on Gordon's and
Reese's graves, and then lighting candles for them. It always comforts me
to hear what others do to honor and remember our late guinea pig family
members - like you, I so value the caring, wonderful people on this list.
Once a year I light what is called a "Yahrzeit" candle (it means "Year's
time" in Yiddish) for all my animal companions who have died, and thank
them for their time and lessons shared with me. The date commemorates when
my beloved border collie, TQ, slept peacefully in my arms into the next
world, after an 18-month battle with lymphoma.
Luita
Jonas and Emilie
with so many others in my heart