[Gpdd] Hi and update!

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 12:56:32 EDT 2014

(Sorry, I forgot a subject! Email is below.)

Hi friends!
I haven't had time to read many posts and I am really sorry if anyone has lost a piggy.
They just break our hearts when they leave, don't they?

Congrats to any new additions!

My Sweetie, now aged 6 years 7 months, had a stroke a few weeks ago.  I witnessed
the entire thing and she had every symptom that our amazing friend Peter Gurney
wrote about.  The right side of her face is paralyzed and she is blind in that eye.  It
had begun to ulcerate but antibiotics have almost restored it to normal.  For the rest
of her life, I will need to put artificial tear drops into that eye as often as possible.  The
vet said she has a good, strong heart, and she is adjusting with a tilted head so I hope
to have her a long time yet.  Has anyone else's piggies ever had strokes?  If so, what
was the outcome?

I hope everyone and their beloved piggies are happy, healthy, and popcorning with joy.

Hugs to all,
Joanne and Baci, Sweetie, Sassy & Ellie