[Gpdd] Health: charlie

Rachel Koo koo.rachel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:24:53 EST 2015

Hello Christine

Hope Charlie is doing better. Some years back, I had a pig Woofie with a
large abcess under his chin so I know what you are going through.  We did a
couple of aspirations and finally an operation to remove the sac.  Woofie
was very good and put up with all the pain and discomfort through it all.

One problem I had after the abcess aspiration was that the wound kept
wanting to close up before it healed inside. And all the vet gave me was
hydrogen peroxide to flush it and betadine solution to keep it bacteria
free. Looking back at it now, I don't think the betadine was sufficient to
keep the bacteria away.

Recently when rufus was bitten by cody and was left with large putrid holes
in his butt, I used colloidal silver solution to flush his wounds and
applied a medicinal grade manuka honey the vet gave me. The honey was
marvellous. It sloughed out all the remaining dead flesh and pus. His
wounds healed up in a couple of weeks. Not sure if you want to try that? I
think you can get a tube from Amazon.com. I can't recall the name of the
tube my vet gave me. But o bought another one called medi honey  from
amazon.

Sending healing wheeks to charlie.

Rachel