[Gpdd] MISC.: Scottie is Vocal!

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 13 14:52:58 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,
The plastic bag that my piggies are most tuned in to is the Grass Bag.  There is an area of the park close to me which has particularly luxuriant grass, and every few days I go over to cut a few days' supply of grass for the piggies.  It is kept in a large bag in the refrigerator and everyday about 4 p.m., I fill a colander with grass from the bag, wash it and serve it up to the piggies for their afternoon snack.  They love veggies in general, but according to them, grass is the absolute BEST!!!
The Piggy Room is up on the second floor at the head of the stairs and I'm honestly not sure if they can tell the difference between the grass bag and, say, the cilantro bag or the celery bag but I can almost hear them holding their breath when they hear a plastic bag rustling at certain times of the day.  Then, as I walk towards the stairs, I can hear one or two little voices begin to wheek hopefully and by the time I get to the top of the stairs, it's a full-blown chorus!
To make sure that they don't miss any exciting snack opportunities , whoever is on lookout duty starts paying extra close attention around the middle of the afternoon and of course, I do sometimes go upstairs around that time for reasons entirely unrelated to the piggies.  But when I hear those hopeful little wheeks starting up when they hear me coming, I just can't face their disappointment and I often go back to get them some little pre-snack snack to tide them over.  They've got me trained alright!
Pat and the Prairie Pigs