[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY: it's almost time!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 2 11:00:25 EST 2022

The annual Peter Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting is in less than a week, and we hope you are getting your candles ready!

Each year since 2006 the Digest has held the memorial on March 9th in honor of Mr. Gurney and our other friends who have passed on. March 9th was Mr. Gurney's birthday, and we remember him as a wonderful supporter of guinea pigs who helped promote their care and well being.

To participate, you don't have to have guinea pigs or be a member of the Digest. All you need to do is light a candle or candles at 8 p.m. in your time zone on the special day and leave it or them lit for an hour. When it's 8 p.m. in the next time zone, candles there will be lit, and the light will go around the globe as we celebrate our departed friends, be they human, furred, finned, feathered, etc.

Afterwards we compile a list where candles were lit, so please send your location here to the GPDD or to Audrey or Cindy. If you have friends who have joined in but are not members of the Digest, we hope you will send their locations, too.

If you take a photo the night of the event (of your guinea pig with a candle, the candle itself, or you with a candle, for example), please send it to PG_Memorial at gpdd.org (mailto:PG-Memorial at gpdd.org). (There is an underscore between PG and Memorial, not under the entire address).

Later, locations and photos will be posted on gpdd.org, which you can visit to see past photos and places.

We hope you will join us -- thanks!

Oliver, Scottie, Coke, Fitzgerald, Audrey, and Cindy