[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY: I Can't Wait for March 9th!!

Peter Gurney Memorial pg_memorial at gpdd.org
Thu Mar 3 10:17:27 EST 2022

Well, the big day is coming on March 9th and I am getting so excited!
This is Oliver and this will be my very first Peter Gurney Memorial
Candlelighting! I am almost a year old and I get to help organize this
year's candlelight memorial! I hope you will all participate by
lighting a candle on March 9th, at or around 8:00 pm, in your
particular timezone. This is a real, not virtual event and all you
need to do is light a candle - real, electric, battery, or virtual,
and leave it for about an hour, or longer if you wish. That way the
light travels around the world for all of our friends at the Rainbow
Bridge to see, and know that weeee are remembering them on this
special day. I'm told that weeee have done this special memorial since
2006, when Peter Gurney went to the Rainbow Bridge and March 9th is
his birthday. He wrote books and a website on guinea pig care that
weee still use.

We hope that you will be part of this special day, and afterward just
post your location. on the GPDD so that weee can make a list of all
the places where candles were lit, and post it for everyone to see.
You can send also send it to Audrey here, and you can take a photo and
send it here too. The photo can be of your candle, you with your
candle, your piggie with your candle or you,your piggie, and your
candle together! For the location, please list your country, state,
and city or town. The light starts in Australia and goes around the
world, ending in Hawaii. So, get those candles ready and tell others
about it too! Weeee want lots of participation!!

Organizers Oliver, Scottie, newbies Coke and Fitzgerald, Cindy and Audrey