[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY: come one, come all!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 9 10:45:13 EST 2022

This is Scottie writing in and cordially (a word my mom taught me) inviting you to join in the Peter Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting, which is today! We hope you will light a candle at 8 p.m. in your time zone and leave it lit for an hour if possible.

Of course, the world is pretty big, my mom tells me, so in some places candles have already been lit, which is pretty cool to think about! That means the light from our candles travels all around the world as it becomes 8 p.m. in each successive time zone.

This is the way we remember Mr. Gurney, who was a guinea-pig advocate and a hero to those who are guinea pigs or who love guinea pigs.

We also use this special time to remember our other friends who are at the Rainbow Bridge, whatever their species.

So please light a candle and afterwards let us know where you were! Take a photo, too, if you like.

Locations can be sent here to the Digest or to Audrey or Cindy.

Photos can be sent to PG_Memorial at gpdd.org.

Thank you!

Oliver and Scottie, newbies Coke and Fitzgerald, and assistants Audrey and Cindy