[Gpdd] VIRTUAL: Snowy Bear and Beloved Bridge Piggies' Shipboard Memorial Service

DaPiggyPirates at aol.com DaPiggyPirates at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 03:08:40 EDT 2009

     It wasn't long before all the piggies thrilled to the rush of the
Pearl and the salty spray created by her bow. It was like joy-riding only at
sea. None were turning green by this stage of the venture, even Miss Pooky and
Miss Pokey! (Miss Pokey hoped that her name had not made her suspect in the
bum pinching business that the bold, daring and uniquely handsome Captain
had addressed earlier.)

     The captain shouted out something, unintelligible to most, but the
sails were trimmed in a way to slow the Pearl's racing speed to a pleasant
sailing speed. Some of the pirates were disappointed at this, particularly a
certain Fugly the Fearless and Igor. They alternated between the turtle mission
and what was happening aboard ship. And they were current on the ship.

     After a time Captain Jack, whose look of jubilation had accompanied
his racing the waves gave way to a pensive expression. He said, "I say we do
have a proper On Board Memorial Service for Snowy Bear as well as for the
others who have recently left for The Bridge." Then he smiled almost inwardly.
Had anyone read his thoughts they were just that, thoughts...thoughts that
there were many bridges those like the one he stood on, and then there was
"The Bridge." He thought of how we miss those who have gone to that other
Bridge, to be healthy and whole and to wait for those who were loved in this
life.
     He stepped out of his reverie and announced that there WOULD be such a
Memorial Service on board the ship.
     All piggies present were to get in touch with their slaves or parents
at home. "There be ample equipment for communication aboard da Pearl," he
said, addressing the group. "Let them know dat
everyone who wishes dare piggy or piggies at The Bridge to be named in da
Memorial, write in to da GPDD with a name and 2 sentences about da piggy (s).
That list will be added to Snowy Bear's Memorial Service to be held
Shipboard and appear on da GPDD," he finished.

     And now, a word from the Virtual Adventure Hosts: IF you want your
piggy or piggies   who have recently departed for the Bridge to be mentioned,
follow the good Captain's instructions. On the subject line write: VIRTUAL:
Snowy Bear and Beloved Bridge Piggies   Memorial Service. (As seen in the
subject line to this post.) In the text box give the piggy's name and up to 2
sentences about him or her. All of our piggies need to be remembered. All
are dear and beloved.

     Also, we can hardly bear what is going on with "Our Debbie" in France.
The Piggy Memorial Service will be held, but it might be postponed while
the piggies sail the sea quietly, should that become the most appropriate
course. I'm certain that all members understand.

     Otherwise, Capt'n Jack would say, "dis be a difficult time for
weddings and fun, but..." So the Piggy voyage will continue until that time when we
feel the need to pause. Don't feel guilty about having fun, difficult
though it seems right now.